Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Day 3 in Donetsk

My day started off with a text message from the two oldest children saying good morning! They had their dance recital today and it was an absolute joy to watch these children dance and sing. Yesterday they went to the hospital for their exam, today we were able to get the petition notarized but still waiting for the social worker before we can send the paperwork to kiev. I'm hoping by mon that ill know my court date. Did I share that I was on the local Russian news tonight? Yep! LOL. The tv station came to tape their performance and were interviewing Isaak when he immediately hollered 'Momma' into the audience. I joined him on the set while every 3rd word was either america or momma! :)
Ill keep u posted!
Happy trails
Melinda

7 comments:

Mike & Tara said...

I'm so excited for you! Congratulations!

Cowboy Ken said...

Melinda,
I still cant believe you where on Ukraine TV. Your probably the only redhead they ever seen! Now your famous world wide. lol
Miss ya
Cowboy Ken

Kathy and Matt said...

Melinda,
Text messages already! Your kids will fit right in with their new US friends! :)
I'm so glad things are going so well for you. We'll continue to keep you and your children in our prayers as we follow your journey.
Kathy

Staci and Damon said...

Congratulations! I am glad to hear things are going so well for you!!
Staci and Damon

The Kahlers said...

This is great news! I just knew you were gong to have a wonderful experience there. So glad you liked Kostya as much as we did too. And your children!!! They have already embraced the English language...that is so amazing. We are thinking of you and will be checking your blog every day. Enjoy and keep on thinking those positive thoughts!

Carolyn and Jack Kahler

Cher said...

I'm a friend of your sis Cindy--I met you at a garage sale benefit for this trip...I adopted from Kaz... anyways, just wanted to tell you that I"m praying for you...and I'm so excited that you are there!

Cher

Amy said...

Melinda!
I am so glad that everything is going so well! Hopefully you will share a bit more about your new kiddos soon! Would love to hear the ages!
Congrats!

Amy