Thursday, September 20, 2007

From Kiev!

We made it! What a journey this has been! Kiev is like no other place I've been. The flight was excellent. Some how I was able to get to an internet cafe get the simms card in my phone get some money exchanged, grab maps - in english all before l left the airport or met my wonderful translator! There has been the normal travel issues of travel, delayed flights, walking in circles lol, electronic problems etc... However, the wonderful bowl of bortsch I enjoyed yesterday and the lights of Independence square last night have washed away the tiredness of the travel.
I must share that Cathy H and the group from Ukrainian Angels have been there IMMEDIATELY when some nuance has surfaced that I needed help with. Those of you waiting to travel know that you are in good hands. My translator Kostya could not be better! The bonus is that besides being professionally competent, I enjoy his company and he has a positive good spirit. Today is my appt. I have butterflies and wish it was this am to avoid this waiting but good things happen to those who wait - right? :)
This is an experience of a lifetime and without a doubt supercedes all of my previous journeys!
Happy trails from a great apt (with hot water, washing machine, drying rack, fridge, microwave etc... In Kiev!
Life is good...

1 comment:

Cowboy Ken said...

Sounds like your journey has been good so far. Good things DO come to those that wait. ;)
Good luck and wish I could be of more support.
Cowboy Ken