Thursday, September 13, 2007

It's Almost Here!

Hard to believe how fast the time has sped by since I learned of my appointment. I'm down to 3 short days here at home and have LOADS to do. Going to begin packing today and making a 'pile' in the spare room. Everything is falling into place and I am enjoying this wonderful fall weather as I near my travel date. This last month has found me backpacking in Montana, hiking into the backcountry cabins of the Porcupine Wilderness Area for a week, a weekend trip to Las Vegas with mom and my sisters and at last, I'm home.
Picking up some anti-biotics at the drugstore this afternoon (check) - just in case I were to come down with something while in Ukraine. I purchased my evacuation insurance this morning (check), filling out bills for the next two months this afternoon (check) etc.... I'm not sure if my list will end but either way, Monday morning will find me saying goodby to Casey dog (he'll miss me if no one else does!), Annie Cat and of course Griz my little scardy cat who doesn't realize how much his little peaceful home is about to change! hee hee
My brother (Bubby) and I have been sharing packing lists and discussing what we'll need while pouring over websites and looking at maps on the internet etc... I'm heading to the store this evening to buy last minute items and some travel food stuff then tomorrow, I'm meeting with Annah - my angel. She is coming over to look at my electronic translator and share some last minute tid-bits about Ukraine and what to expect. I STILL can not believe that I found a Ukrainian lady who speaks fluent English, Ukraine and Russian right here in Henry County! She is an absolute gift and I feel fortunate to have met her.
I'll do my best to post while in Ukraine. Please keep me in your prayers....
Happy Trails...
Melinda

3 comments:

The Gregory Family said...

Good luck on your trip. Best wishes and sucess.

Mike

Jeanden said...

It is hard to believe after all this time - you are finally getting to Ukraine! I am so glad Bubby will be traveling with you. It sounds like this trip will be somewhat of a challenge - you will be in our thoughts daily. I am so happy for you! : ) Good luck on your journey!
Lots of Love,
Jean & Family

Julie Tomoser said...

That is great you have some support with language issues when you return! Like Oprah says, there are no coincidences. You are being helped now and will be lead by a higher power in Ukraine too!