Tuesday, September 25, 2007

visiting the children

Hello everyone! I want to thank all of you who are calling and emailing as it is wonderful hearing from home! The children had to go for their physical at the hospital so I am waiting for them at the orphanage. They made me promise to wait here for them! :). Dima is the little translator as his english is very good. They were beaming when I got here but Dima and Vica had already borrowed a cell phone from a friend to call me to say 'good morning Momma' full of happiness and giggles as they spoke! Lol. It is a gorgeous day here. My brother stayed at the apt to do his laundry as it takes 3 days to dry. :). I knmow I have shared this before but I am SO fortunate!

5 comments:

Cowboy Ken said...

Melinda,
Sounds like you already have formed a close bond with the children. That is so wonderful! I can't imagine the feeling. Good things do come to those that wait!!!
Cowboy Ken

The Gregory Family said...

Congratulations Melinda! It sounds like everything is working out great for you. What age and sex are the children?

Nataliya said...

Melinda, I just came across your blog on the Internet. I'm also adopting from Ukraine (my SDA appointment is November 20th) and I'm so happy you found your children! Congratulations !!! Wishing you a speedy process without any roadblocks!

Tami Sabol said...

Hey girl,

I still can't believe how lucky you are. The children look so healthy! Are they siblings? You have waited so long for this and are most deserving! I can't wait to meet them.

Love, Tami

Ann said...

Hello again Melinda, this is Ann, Jerry's neighbor. I am glad to hear you found some children, and hopefully it will work out for you, if it is for the best! Please tell Jerry that we have gone out to eat dinner twice now with Yoko, and we are going out for lunch Friday!