Sunday, September 23, 2007

Meet the children tomorrow

Spent today getting aclimated to Donetsk. Exchanged currency, bought groceries, found a great restaurant! And found a curling iron since mine didn't work. The latter proved to be the most difficult. It is warm here. I do NOT need the sweater I packed nor the turtle neck and fleece pants. These took up valuable space and I wish I would have tossed on a few more tshirts instead. Have found that the books could have been left too. I'm sure everyones trip is different but I had read where books were crucial. I am out walking and exploring if not doing business or sleeping and 1 food book would have been adequate. Those of you waiting know that the traffic in kiev, although crowded is nothing to worry about, you will be safe with your driver. Our apt is roomy and clean with wonderful waterpressure. Tomorrow, I meet the children and will post information when I can.
Time goes very FAST over here! Thinl "happy" thoughts for me tomorrow, it is an important day!!

5 comments:

The Gregory Family said...

Very happy thoughts are being sent your way. Good luck today. I hope the children are what you are looking for and that you will have long lives together.

Cowboy Ken said...

Nothing but happy thoughts and smiles sent across the miles!
Best Wishes,
Cowboy Ken

Kathy and Matt said...

Melinda,
It sounds like your trip is going beautifully so far. I am thrilled for you. We will keep you in our prayers and will definitely be thinking of you as you meet the 3 children tomorrow.
All the best!
Kathy

Carol and David said...

Melinda,

I am so sorry that the curling iron didn't work. I only used it while in Ukraine and it worked just fine then. :(

I read that you have a translator...is Kostya not traveling with you? I emailed him last week, but assumed that he was traveling with you.

You are so close to were we adopted. We adopted Kola from Mariupol and it is just down the road from Donesk.

I can't wait to hear about the kids.

Carol

adoptedthree said...

There is a beautiful monastary about an hour outside of Donetsk by the Donetsk river, that has caves you may tour. Might be something to do while waiting. There is also horseback riding nearby for very cheap if that is something you enjoy.

Have fun meeting your children